As part of our continued efforts to decrease the risk of spread of COVID-19, please review these policies.
Effective immediately, all of HCR ManorCare’s patient care facilities will have limited visitation. This includes all skilled nursing facilities, assisted living and senior care communities (brand names for most of our locations are Heartland, ManorCare and Arden Courts).
Vendors who provide necessary and/or critical services or must perform a required equipment or system inspection will be an exception but must follow our procedures outlined below.
• Contact the center or community in advance of your visit, to ensure you may still enter the facility and to coordinate a safe and seamless delivery.
• All deliveries should be delivered to our loading dock or back/employee entrance. If there is a need to deliver or perform a service inside our community, that person must adhere to our screening protocols below.
All visitors and employees will be screened for:
1. A confirmed or suspected contact with any individual diagnosed with the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the preceding 14 days.
2. Traveled to/from any international country or on a cruise ship in the preceding 14 days.
3. Had a confirmed or a suspected contact with anyone who has traveled to/from any international country with a CDC Level 3 travel advisory in the preceding 14 days. (see CDC website for list).
4. Had an unexplained fever or a fever (subjective or ≥100.4°F or 38°C) with a history of international travel or cruise ship travel within the last 14 days.
5. Had a diagnosis of pneumonia or lower respiratory tract infection in the last 14 days.
Enhanced measures for all visitors entering a clinical care area:
• Taking daily temperature readings for all employees who are working, residents, patients, and visitors.
• Monitoring for respiratory symptoms which include dry cough and shortness of breath.
Required when in our facility:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
We realize that this is an inconvenience, but it is necessary for us to protect our patients, residents, families, visitors and employees. Thank you for understanding and supporting our policies.